72Point Digital Hub
Pushing WordPress that little bit further, this site includes lots of custom development work as well as making great use of out-of-the-box WordPress features in new ways. The site is a repository for press releases, allowing journalists to quickly grab the information they need – either quotes or full releases – as well as downloads of images, video and audio.
- Custom user registration and log-in with lots of modal (pop-over) boxes to keep things slick; no need to click all over the place just to log in.
- Registered users get access to extra features without seeing any of the WordPress back end – not even the log-in pages.
- Select multiple files to be added to a zip file, which is created on the fly for download, then deleted when it’s no longer needed.
- One click “copy to clipboard” for snippets of text or whole releases.
- Daily digests of recently added stories sent to subscribers – who have full control over their user profiles.
- Custom search by category, client, keyword and attachments.
The beautiful design – based on the work of Saul Bass – was created by Mario at JDJ Creative, and was an absolute joy to work with, as was the client – I’m almost sad to see this project come to an end. It was far too much fun to build. Take a look at the site here.
This has been the most straightforward build I’ve ever been involved with, which eases the stress and pressure considerably. Maltpress is an accommodating agency that has no difficulty in working to a complex and creative brief – its key strength is clear communication, not to mention a fair helping of dedication. The delivered product exceeded my (already lofty) expectations, which as friends and family will attest, is no mean feat. Thoroughly recommended.
Dan Drage, 72Point